Paul Johannesson received his BSc in Mathematics, and his PhD in Computer Science from Stockholm University in 1983 and 1993, respectively. He became docent in 1995. He holds a position as professor at Stockholm University, where he works in the area of information systems. Johannesson has published work on federated information systems, translation between data models, languages for conceptual modelling, schema integration, the use of linguistic instruments in information systems, process integration, e-commerce systems design, and analysis patterns in systems design. He is the co-author of a text book on conceptual modelling, published by Prentice Hall. He has been a member of several EU projects on knowledge based systems and requirements engineering. He has been the project leader of and participated in several national projects on information integration, the use of IT in teaching information systems design, process modelling and integration, and IT in health care. Johannesson is and has been a member of several international program committees; among these are the ER conference and the CAiSE conference. Johannesson is head of the research laboratory SYSLAB at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences at Stockholm University.
- Unified Service Theory and Perspectives on Services February 26, 2011On 23 February, I gave a presentation on Unified Service Theory and perspectives on services as part of a study circle on service systems. Unified Service Theory views services as a special kind of production process where the customer contributes … Continue reading →
- SISA Conference February 26, 2011SISA, the Swedish Information System Academy, will give a conference in Örebro in May. Programtext: INFORMATIK – Universitetens bäst bevarade hemlighet. Arrangörer: SISA genom Örebro universitet. Sponsorer: Datum: 10-11 maj, 2011. Plats: Örebro universitet (Musikhuset). Syftet med konferensen är att … Continue reading →
- Seminar with Göran Goldkuhl on Practice Research February 26, 2011On 18 February, Göran Goldkuhl gave a presentation on practice research. Göran discussed practice research from an ontological as well as epistemological perspective. The discussion was lively ranging from Activity Theory over KPIs to Habermas, with a memorable remark from … Continue reading →
- Seminar on BPM in crisis December 10, 2010Today, Ilia Bider from IbisSoft AB gave a seminar on the current state of BPM based on discussions at the BPM 2010 conference. Ilia outlined a number of trends, including the shift from an assembly line metaphor to that of … Continue reading →
- Tharaka Ilayperuma PhD Dissertation December 8, 2010Today, Tharaka Ilayperuma defended his PhD thesis “Improving E-Business Design through Business Model Analysis”. The opponent was William Song from Durham University, and the examination committee consisted of Marianne Nilsson from Stockholm University, Eva Söderström from Högskolan Skövde and Henrik … Continue reading →
- Unified Service Theory and Perspectives on Services February 26, 2011